Village Court

Phone: 607-561-2308
Fax: 607-561-2307

Village Justices:
Andrew Z. Skrobanski-Justice
Ward Mack-Associate Justice

Court Clerks:
Brenda Skrobanski
Jamie Smith

When are the Court Sessions held? 

Court is in session on Tuesdays commencing at 9:00am. The first Monday, third Tuesday, and fifth Tuesday(when applicable) of every month is set aside for scheduled pre trials (misdemeanors) and non-jury trials (violations). The fourth Tuesday is set aside for Vehicle & Traffic trials. Please see additional information under evictions and small claims proceedings.

What are your office hours? 

Monday - Wednesday 8:30 AM - 2:00 PM*

*Office hours are often extended. You may leave a telephone message at any time. If no one is in the justice office at the time of your call, you may leave a message and your call will be returned. Messages are checked on a daily basis. 

How do I file a small claim and how much is the filing fee? 

Small Claims can be filed with the Court Clerk. The party you are filing against must live, work or have a place of business in the Village of Sidney and receive their mail in the Village of Sidney. You must provide the court with an exact mailing address. Post office boxes are not acceptable. The maximum amount to claim is $3000.00. For claims up to $1000.00, the filing fee is $10.00. For claims over $1000.00, the filing fee is $15.00. It is recommended that you call ahead to make an appointment to file the paperwork. For more information, you may pick up a booklet on small claims at the court office.

You may also view the New York State Guide to Small Claims Court by visiting the website below:

Eviction Proceedings 

Evictions are scheduled as needed. Please call the court to confirm specific date and time. The filing fee is $20.00.

How do I answer my traffic ticket? 

It is the obligation of the receiving motorist to respond to the ticket. Upon receiving the charge(s) you must either appear on the date listed on the bottom of the ticket or you may sign the ticket according to the written instructions, indicating your plea of either guilty or not guilty and mail it to the court. Upon a plea of guilty, a fine and surcharge will be assessed and you will be notified by mail of the amount due. Upon a plea of not guilty, you will be sent further information on how to proceed.   


A supporting deposition or more detailed account of the incident may be requested if you did not receive one when the ticket(s) were issued.

Note:  Be sure to review ALL information printed on your ticket(s). To plead guilty, complete and sign Part A of your ticket; to plead not guilty, complete and sign Part B of your ticket.

I would like to speak with someone regarding a reduction or plea bargain.

If you are charged with a traffic violation and before any plea bargains are accepted, you must first enter a plea of not guilty by appearing for arraignment before the judge or by completing Part B on the traffic ticket, you were issued. You may mail or drop the signed ticket(s) to the court office. Once a plea of not guilty has been entered with the court, you would receive further information regarding plea-bargaining.

What if I missed a court date?

Call the court or your attorney immediately. You may be subject to a license suspension or a warrant could be issued for your arrest.

How do I contact New York State DMV?

1-800-CALLDMV - available within NY State  


My license is suspended or will be suspended. What do I do?

Depending on the reason for your suspension, you must either pay the fine/surcharge due or appear in court. If your license is suspended, and the effective date is July 5, 2009 or before, you will be required to pay a Suspension Termination Fee of $35.00 per suspension. Suspensions that go into effect on or after July 6, 2009, suspended drivers must pay $70.00. The Notice of Suspension from NYS DMV will give further information regarding this fee, or you can go to their website Submit your identified payment as outlined in the next question along with a self-addressed stamped envelope. Send the Notice of License Suspension Order for endorsement. Call the court clerk if you do not know the total amount due or for information on scheduling a new court date.

What is the Driver's Responsibility Act (DRA) and do I have to pay that fee?

Go to NYS Department of Motor Vehicles' website for a clearer explanation of that fee. Alternatively, call 518-402-2851. Yes, you must pay that according to the instructions you received or outlined on that site. It is a separate fee imposed by NYSDMV and is apart from the fine/surcharge you must pay to the court.


How do I make a payment?

Payments may be made by US Postal Service or in person. Cash, money order, or a certified bank check made payable to the Village of Sidney Court are accepted. Be sure to include a case number, ticket number, or name for proper posting. Include a self-addressed stamp envelope with your payment if you desire a receipt. Payments with the incorrect amount will NOT be processed.

Delaware County District Attorney’s Office

If you wish to contact the District Attorney’s Office, they may be reached as follows:

Delaware County District Attorney’s Office

    District Attorney John L. Hubbard
    1 Courthouse Square, Suite #5
    Delhi, N.Y. 13753
    607-832-5299    607-832-6045 (Fax)

Do I need a lawyer to appear in court with me?

Although you are not required to have an attorney, it is not recommended that you precede to trial without the aid of counsel for any charges other than Vehicle & Traffic infractions.  


Village of Sidney Justice Court

 Hon. Andrew Z. Skrobanski

Village of Sidney Court Hours:

Office Hours:   Monday - Wednesday 8:30 AM to 2:00 PM

Court: Tuesday   9 AM till Done


Assist. District Attorney:   First Monday, Third Tuesday, & Fifth  Tuesday(when applicable) of the Month 9 AM till Done